Jul 25, 2019 2:00pm ‐ Jul 25, 2019 3:30pm
In times when parenteral nutrition (PN) is needed to meet nutritional requirements, expertise on management of macronutrients is imperative to maximize nutrition provisions in the most fragile pediatric or neonatal patients. The goal of this webinar is to empower the clinician to effectively manage glucose, amino acid, and lipid infusions to meet nutritional demands and provide guidance for clinical situations where macronutrients need fine tuning.
- Describe normal nutritional needs for age specific pediatric/neonatal groups
- List normal macronutrient requirements for age specified pediatric/neonatal groups
- Develop the skills to fine tune macronutrients to maximize nutrition while responding to common complications
- Traci Fauerbach, MS, RD, CNSC, Advanced Practice Clinical Dietitian, Intensive Care Nursery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Sharon Irving, PhD, CRNP, FCCM, FAAN, Assistant Professor, Pediatric Nursing, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA
- Amy B Hair, MD, Assistant Professor, Program Director of Neonatal Nutrition, Program Director of NICU Intestinal Rehab Team, Section of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX